Re: Afterstep installation

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:18:41 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, Vincent Lee wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Doesn't Xfree install and make all the links necessary? How will I know
> that they ar the right ones? Is there a way to get the makefiles
> configure to look straight in the path? or should I install 1.4 and rpm
> it which it does fine.

Well, it's supposed to.  But maybe something's wrong.

The way you know they're the right ones is to find the error messages
you're getting from AS at compile time, then try following those links.
If you get a broken link, then you likely need to find the file (using
"find"), and then add a link in the relevant place.

Yours is the first case I've heard of this problem, so it seems probable
that it's something peculiar to your machine.

A.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue