Re: Upgrading from 1.4.5.55N6-1 to 1.5-0.7

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:45:38 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Steve Ki-Won Lee wrote:

> My main question is, will it save my existing config files, such as wharf,
> pager and etc?  Should I just cp the whole /usr/share/afterstep dir to
> some safe place and then perform the upgrade just in case?  What else
> should I be aware of for the upgrade?  Thank you very much in advance.

1.5 installs to /usr/local/share/afterstep by default instead of
/usr/share/afterstep, so your share dir should be safe.  When installing
from tarball (which you are not doing), it would also copy the old dir
(if found) to /usr/local/share/afterstep_old; I don't know if the rpm
does this.  The non-configurable dir structure has changed, so you'll
want to remove the old one and let AS recreate it from defaults.  The
files themselves haven't changed much, so your old config should still
work.

New config options in 1.5 are listed in README.new_options in the tarball,
not sure about the rpm.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com