Re: theme config strategy

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 03:05:09 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On 30 Oct 1998, Doug Alcorn wrote:
>
> > An opposing point of view was expressed on #afterstep that unless both
> > the look and feel files specify a button, it should not be drawn.
>
> This latter option strikes me as a better one.  It's less likely to cause
> confusion.

So we have the following options:

1. The number of titlebuttons displayed is entirely determined by the
   TitleButton keyords in the look file.  If there is a pixmap defined,
   then the button will be shown - otherwise it will not be shown, even
   if there is a binding in the feel file which references it.  This is
   how things are in 1.5beta5.

2. The number of titlebuttons displayed is entirely determined by the
   Mouse keyords in the feel file.  If there is a binding defined, then
   the button will be shown - otherwise it will not be shown, even
   if there is a pixmap defined for it.  If there is no pixmap defined,
   the button will be drawn without a pixmap.

3. The number of titlebuttons displayed is determined by the intersection
   of the sets of buttons referenced in look and feel.  Only if there is
   both a binding, and a pixmap, will the button be shown.

I lean towards option 1, because it's already in place. :)  Is this a big
issue with people?  Should we change it?

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1