Re: Some Wharfs Not Showing Up

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 19:59:46 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Steve Ki-Won Lee wrote:

> I've placed the Hacking Folder in other parts of the wharf and it doesn't
> work either and I've used other xpms and still a no go.  I'm stumped.
> Please help me out here.  Thank you very much for your time.

The problem here is that you have the same label (emacs) for all of your
buttons.  Labels must be unique within a folder.  Try this:

*Wharf c    c.xpm    Exec "-" emacs -title "Hacking C" &
*Wharf c++  c++.xpm  Exec "-" emacs -title "Hacking C++" &
*Wharf java java.xpm Exec "-" emacs -title "Hacking Java" &

For the curious, here's the reason the java xpm is displayed.  Wharf can
display up to three pixmaps layered on top of each other within a button.
Since the button labels are the same, wharf adds each xpm on top of the
previous one, until the limit of three is reached.  The previous two xpms
are displayed, but covered up; the next three are ignored.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1