Re: "escape" key?

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 17:43:24 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Tony Nugent wrote:

> I didn't see any mention of this in the man or html pages...
>
> I need to pass some keystrokes through to applications that afterstep
> otherwise "intercepts".  (The Shift-F-keys, Alt- and Ctrl-left/right keys
> for example).
>
> Is there an "escape" key that I can use with afterstep that will allow me
> to do this?
>
> And (asking for a lot more magic:) can it be be made to toggle off and on
> so that I use them transparently at will?

The quick and easy solution here is to simply remove the keybinding that
is causing trouble.  For an example of a feel with no keybindings at all,
try feel.ICCCM.

If you like the keybinding, but don't like what it's bound to, you can
change the keybinding.  The feel files shipped with AS contain
documentation on this.

If you want the keybinding to be active only in a selected application
or window, there is currently no way to do this.  Would people like to
see this feature implemented? (note that I'm not volunteering to implement
it; I'll just add it to the TODO list)

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com