Re: no menus, no buttons, no resize, no move

ebi@ozob.net
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 12:10:19 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 ebi@ozob.net wrote:
>
> > Just upgraded to 1.5b5 and I can't move or resize windows. I do not get
> > any menus when clicking on the root window. There are no buttons on the
> > any window.
>
> Did you rename your ~/G/L/A directory before you started the new AS?  And
> also, are you sure you're getting the right binary?  The new binaries do
> not install (by default) in /usr/X11R6/bin, but the old ones did.  You
> might be getting the previous binaries.

Andrew, thanks for the reply.

At first I didn't rename ~G/L/A but later I did.

Also I had to copy /usr/src/AfterStep-1.5beta5/ to /usr/X11R6/share to get
AS to start.

I did ./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6 so the stuff installed there except
for the /usr/X11R6/share stuff.

Also I have only one afterstep binary, 1.5b5.

Can you tell me what determines which look and feel files are used on
startup?

Thanks again for any help,

::::: Gene Imes			     http://www.ozob.net :::::