Re: no menus, no buttons, no resize, no move

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:03:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 ebi@ozob.net wrote:

> AfterStep v. 1.5.0 beta 4 is what afterstep -v shows . But I installed it
> from the AfterStep-1.5beta5 directory.

Where you installed from shouldn't matter, unless the beta5 shipped with
"beta4" as its version number.  Anyone?

> Yes but which one will it use look.DEFAULT and feel.DEFAULT?

By default, yes.

> I didn't use the install-script. It is as if AS is not detecting any mouse
> clicks.
>
> Pixmaps dirs are correctly defined.

Not if your look, feel, &c. is not getting detected.  I know that you
didn't use the install-script, and I suspect that's part of the problem.

> Ok, I did this after removing or moving all AS related binaries and dirs.
> Still the same thing.

Are you _sure_ you removed everything?  And did you _then_ remove the
~/G/L/A/ directory, & let it be regenerated at start up?  If you don't,
you're bound to have problems.

Other than that, I'm out of suggestions.  More info would be really
useful: your OS, kernel version, any compile errors?

Perhaps also you could try starting AS with output redirected to a
debug-file.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue