Re: no menus, no buttons, no resize, no move

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:03:42 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 ebi@ozob.net wrote:
>
> > AfterStep v. 1.5.0 beta 4 is what afterstep -v shows . But I installed it
> > from the AfterStep-1.5beta5 directory.
>
> Where you installed from shouldn't matter, unless the beta5 shipped with
> "beta4" as its version number.  Anyone?

1.5beta5 reports its version number as 1.5beta4.

> > Yes but which one will it use look.DEFAULT and feel.DEFAULT?
>
> By default, yes.

It actually uses the files in share/afterstep/non-configurable/ when
~/G/L/A/n-c cannot be found.  The files in n-c/ should be copies of
look.DEFAULT and feel.DEFAULT.  However, in 1.5beta5, there is no
look.DEFAULT, and the look in n-c/ is a modified copy of look.DEFAULT.NEW.

> > I didn't use the install-script. It is as if AS is not detecting any mouse
> > clicks.
> >
> > Pixmaps dirs are correctly defined.
>
> Not if your look, feel, &c. is not getting detected.  I know that you
> didn't use the install-script, and I suspect that's part of the problem.

Yes, it sounds very much like the config files are not being loaded
properly.  Does AfterStep give any errors during startup or after?

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com
http://members.xoom.com/allanon1