Re: no menus, no buttons, no resize, no move

ebi@ozob.net
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:44:17 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Ethan wrote:

> 1.5beta5 reports its version number as 1.5beta4.
>
> > > Yes but which one will it use look.DEFAULT and feel.DEFAULT?
> >
> > By default, yes.
>
> It actually uses the files in share/afterstep/non-configurable/ when
> ~/G/L/A/n-c cannot be found.  The files in n-c/ should be copies of
> look.DEFAULT and feel.DEFAULT.  However, in 1.5beta5, there is no
> look.DEFAULT, and the look in n-c/ is a modified copy of look.DEFAULT.NEW.
>
> > > I didn't use the install-script. It is as if AS is not detecting any mouse
> > > clicks.
> > >
> > > Pixmaps dirs are correctly defined.
> >
> > Not if your look, feel, &c. is not getting detected.  I know that you
> > didn't use the install-script, and I suspect that's part of the problem.
>
> Yes, it sounds very much like the config files are not being loaded
> properly.  Does AfterStep give any errors during startup or after?

Ok, I figured it out with the help of Andrew. I had to delete the source
tree and recompile and reinstall and viola it worked.

It seems that this version is real picky about what goes where.

Thanks,

::::: Gene Imes			     http://www.ozob.net :::::