Re: Patches

Vincent Lee (joonhee@hotmail.com)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 07:28:10 PST

Could you elp me. I'm trying to install this but it won't At the second
part of the make file it looks in a path X11/lib. I don't have this path
and it keeps failing even though the files exist in usr/X11R6/lib. How
do you install this thing?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Ian Oatley - Site Support" <iao@mech.port.ac.uk>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:13:13 GMT
Subject: Re: Patches

Hello everyone,

I've just downloaded 1.5b5 and compiled and installed it
ok, spent hours configuring it to my needs. Now I
have realised I haven't installed any of the patches.

If I patch the source code and then re-compile and
install will I lose any of my hard worked config?

Do I have to re-compile at all??!!

Also I am familiar with patch, but is there any considerations
when patching afterstep.

Any help appreciated

"Why are computers like air conditioners?

They both don't work properly when you open windows!"