Re: Missing icons from wharf buttons

mikebo@tellabs.com
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:35:03 -0600 (CST)

Tomas Duewiger <td@music-satellite.de> wrote:
> mikebo@tellabs.com writes:
>
> > Hi - I'm running AfterStep on FreeBSD, and I have a Matrox Millenium II
> > AGP with 8MB. I'm running in 32-bit color mode, and several of the buttons
> > on the wharf are missing their icons entirely - including the AfterStep
> > logo image in the top button, the load graph, and one other.
> >
> > I run AfterStep on my machine at home running FreeBSD also, with a Diamond
> > Stealth 64 Video 3000 with 4MB - no problem - all icons show.
> >
> > I've tried using 24-bit and 16-bit modes, but nothing seems to restore
> > these icons. Anyone seen this before? Any pointers?  Thanks in advance, -
> > Mike
>
> Sounds like a problem with the permissions of the icons to me. Did you
> check the permissions? If so, and if they are ok, it might be a syntax
> error in your wharf file. At least, it shouldn't be colormap issue.

I checked all the XPM files in /usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps and
everything looks fine - 444 permissions.

I have never modified the wharf file, so it is as-is from the install,
which worked fine on the machine with the Diamond card, but not the other
with the superior Matrox card. I'll look at the docs, 'cuz I don't know
where the wharf file is or what it's supposed to look like!

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
Regards,
- Mike