Re: xosview & wharf

Steve Ki-Won Lee (kiwon@ugrad.cs.ualberta.ca)
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 12:11:40 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, The Spirit of the Black Panther wrote:

> Steve Ki-Won Lee wrote:
>

> > I was wondering if anyone has xosview to be swallowed by wharf
> > successfully, meaning it was swallowed and still have the border around
> > it?  I was able to do that and still have labels showing with
> > AfterStep-1.4.5NN was it?  But since upgrading to 1.5, I've lost it.
> >
> > It might even have something to do with the way I have it in my wharf
> > file:   *Wharf xosview - Swallow "xosview" xosview -swap -label &
> > Am I missing something here?  thank you in advance.
>
> Well, I don't know exactly you are trying to get it to do.  I just added
> that line to my wharf file and I have the xosview in the wharf, with ne
> lables, no swap as it should be, but what are you referring to with the
> border?  xosview does not have any borders by defoult, unles you have a
> diffefent version than I..
> <Remaving xosview from wharf in favor of WMMON app :>:>

Well, the way I had it in 1.4.5NN (or something like that) was with
labels.  I specified "no labels" cuz when I did try it with them, they
occupied most of the wharf space and barely any display was shown.

I'm not too concerned with my problem; I'm the first to admit that it's
rather trivial, but I just wanted to have it the way I had it with the
previous AS release.  But it is a very small trade off for getting 1.5,
since it just rocks to the heavens!  I just love the way the wharfs shoot
out now and the way I'm able to have folders within folders.

Keep up the good work, guys!

Best,

Steve