Re: Upgrading AS, libc5 okay?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:53:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, David LaMothe wrote:

>                            2) You must have sgmltools [...] to make
> afterdoc. The compilling did seem to complete, however. So I went to
> the FAQ and found nothing about sgmltools, but did read that I should
> go ahead with the latest 1.5beta (beta5). I'm going to compile that
> right now.

Duly noted, I'll add it.  This _is_ one of the MFAQs, so it ought to be in
there.  But it's a paradox!

The FAQ is maintained in SGML.  This can be converted to HTML by a
program, sgml2html, that is part of the sgmltools.  I gather, however,
that even if you have sgmltools installed correctly on your system, the
FAQ will not be converted properly.  (That's actually what happens to me.)
It's apparently due to a bug in autoconf.

So, since Guylhem just told me I should make a patch to add the most
recent FAQ to the source tree, I'm wondering what the developers think:
should the HTML be distributed _instead_ of the SGML?  Comments welcome.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue