Re: 'ascp' functionality.

Ethan (allanon@crystaltokyo.com)
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 03:35:56 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 31 Oct 1998, /dev/null wrote:

> 	The "unusual locations" in question all fall under my
> ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons structure, but I have so many icons (okay, I'm a
> bit of an organizational freak), they're under a handful of
> subdirectories therein. I got tired of waiting for thousands of images
> to load when I'm browsing for new icons. Instead of falling simply in
> ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons/16bpp and ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons/common, I now
> also have ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons/apps, ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons/tiles,
> etc. Is this something I'll have to wait for, implementation-wise, or
> is it being considered at all?

This has not been considered, to my knowledge.  I can suggest a couple
of workarounds, though:

1. Use symlinks.
2. Move ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons/apps to ~/G/L/A/desktop/icons/common/apps.
   Then reference the icons as "apps/icon.xpm" instead of "icon.xpm" in
   the various configuration files.  I believe this will work for both
   AS and ascp.

----
Ethan Fischer
allanon@crystaltokyo.com