Re: afterstep-digest V3 #90

Dave Taira (bodhi@foad.org)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:32:19 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:49:54 PST
> From: "Peter Berck" <pberck@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: ASCP
>
> I have to use navigator to download it, I shift-click on
> the link, and save it to disk. That same partition is
> mounted under linux, and I copy it to /usr/something,
> and then I can't gunzip it.
> (Downloading has to be down from from windows (of
> which I know nothing at all, it's not my computer,
> and I have always had non-msdos/mswin computers.
> Maybe there is some setting wrong?).

So...you're using Navigator under Windows, saving it on the
/windows partition, then going into Linux, copying it to a
linux native partition, then trying the gunzip?

After you copy the file to the linux partition, make sure the
filename ends in .tgz. Also, do a `file ascp-0.9.3.tgz` and make
sure it's something sensible.