Re: Icon behavior & background pixmaps.

P.J. Bolle (brutal.truth@home.com)
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 13:35:10 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Ethan wrote:

> This could happen if you specified an invalid IconBox, or the icon is
> unable to fit in any valid IconBox for some reason (such as
> StubbornIconPlacement and a window that takes up the entire screen).

	So, turning off StubbornIconPlacement would assist in solving
this? Most of my windows are on the large side, but there's enough
room where I defined the IconBox to be on all but a couple desktops.

> Maybe a permissions problem?  If not, try moving your GNUstep to a backup
> and re-installing AS.

	Permissions in respect to which? All the aforementioned
pixmaps look okay... Is there something else that needs looking at?

	I have re-installed AS just as a "shot in the dark", earlier
on, and it doesn't appear to have affected this at all. I know it
worked at one time, but I can't remember how far back. I haven't used
this function in quite a while, and therefore can't see myself doing
anything obvious to hamper its' ability.

> You're welcome. :)
>
> ascp is alpha software - it's not fully implemented, and is buggy too.
> It's getting better, but it ain't perfect, yet.

	I know it is... Let's just say I'm (almost) unrealistically
anxious to have the final product. :-)

|             Paul J. Bolle     (ICQ#7268962)              |
| Linux. Real power for those neither "micro" nor "soft".  |