Re: Icon behavior & background pixmaps.

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:36:57 -0600

Paul J. Bolle wrote :

>> Maybe a permissions problem?  If not, try moving your GNUstep to a
backup
>> and re-installing AS.
>>
>    Permissions in respect to which? All the aforementioned
>pixmaps look okay... Is there something else that needs looking at?
>
>    I have re-installed AS just as a "shot in the dark", earlier
>on, and it doesn't appear to have affected this at all. I know it
>worked at one time, but I can't remember how far back. I haven't used
>this function in quite a while, and therefore can't see myself doing
>anything obvious to hamper its' ability.
>
>> You're welcome. :)

It looks like you have bad Pager configuration.
See if you have *PagerXPM (for versions prior to 1.5beta5 ) or
*PagerDesktopImage (for 1.5beta5)
in there for each desk you use, and it is pointing to
#( for desk 0 )
*PagerDesktopImage       0
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/0_background
#( for desk 1 )
*PagerDesktopImage      1
~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/non-configurable/1_background

and so on

>|             Paul J. Bolle     (ICQ#7268962)              |

Sasha