Re: ASCP d/l problems

Dave Taira (bodhi@foad.org)
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 09:33:11 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 05:13:57 PST
> From: "Peter Berck" <pberck@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: afterstep-digest V3 #90
>
> I mean, I heave been using linux for years, been downloading
> for years, and never had any problems, except for now with
> the ASCP control-panel.

Huh. Strange.

> I have no idea if I can check the file
> already on the windows-site. Is there a gunzip for windows?

Recent versions of winzip (http://www.winzip.com) will handle tar and
gzip. The website says the latest is 7.0, but I think support for tar/gzip
goes back at least a version or two. At any rate, see if winzip will
properly decompress it, and if so, try copying the directory.

> Anyway, I will try again in two weeks (should be ascp 0.9.5 by then)
> because I'll be going to Australia for two weeks tomorrow.
> (just to make you all jealous).

Damn. It sure worked. 8)