Re: theme config strategy

Benjamin J. Tracy (tracy@wsicorp.com)
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:31:00 -0500 (EST)

To be perfectly honest, I would say that we needn't worry that much about
8bpp.  I still have 8bpp on my PC at home, but I'm actively looking to get
a new card, and most machines now come with cards that have at least 2MB
of video ram, which is capable of doing 16 bit at most home-user
resolutions. My point is this: I don't think the number of 8 bit users is
going to make it worth it to make a huge effort to support them.

(Of course, if this message causes a tremendous uproar, then it might be
time to rethink my position.. )  :-)

Ben

--
all flames will be redirected to the Infinite Bit Bucket at /dev/null :)