Re: Problem with AS 1.5.5

Vincent Lee (joonhee@hotmail.com)
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 11:18:14 PST

I just got the new afterstep and rpm'd it. It seemed to install great
but when I do startx I get my old xinitrc file. I'm new at this whole
thing with WM's. What should I do or have I done wrong?

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:09:24 -0600
From: Robert Croy <bobmax@soltec.net>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com
Subject: Problem with AS 1.5.5

I compiles the newest beta and it seemed to install ok but there is no
~/GNU/.../... folders in my home directory.  There is an Afterstep
folder in usr/local/share and it seems to be the most recent one.  But
when I do startx I still get the old Afterstep 1.0.  Looking at the
install script and the configure script I didn't see any function that
would create the GNU folder.  What am I doing wrong?