Re: Problem with AS 1.5.5

Vincent Lee (joonhee@hotmail.com)
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 11:25:30 PST

Is there a walk thru install guide? I downloaded the 1.4 release and
want to install it with my Xfree86 3.3.3.3 release as my window manager.
No luck. Could someone help or tell me where to get help?

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:19:24 -0600
From: Chris Zimmerman <czimmer@insync.net>
To: afterstep@linuxcenter.com
Subject: Re: Problem with AS 1.5.5

It sounds like you need to rename the AfterStep 1.0 binary to something
else.  I had a similar problem going from 1.4.5N6 to 1.5.5.  Afterstep
now installs in usr/local/share, instead of /usr/share (which was in my
path).  When you fire off startx, your system hits the first Afterstep
binary in the path.  The Gnu folder is created when you first start the
new Afterstep.  You will probably need to add /usr/local/share,
/usr/local/bin/etc to your path.

Chris Zimmerman