Re: Problem with AS 1.5.5

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 14:51:43 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Vincent Lee wrote:

> Is there a walk thru install guide? I downloaded the 1.4 release and
> want to install it with my Xfree86 3.3.3.3 release as my window manager.
> No luck. Could someone help or tell me where to get help?

There's a basic walk-through in the README in the archive you downloaded;
and you can find the current FAQ by following the directions in my .sig.

But I would suggest that you look at the FAQ, and read about the 1.5 betas
before you install version 1.4.  In my view, the 1.5 betas are more stable
than anything in the 1.4 series.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue