Re: 1.5 dosent find X11 [was Re: IconBox placement.]

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 16:27:00 -0500 (EST)

On 9 Nov 1998, Doug Alcorn wrote:

> i saw your post to the afterstep mailing list regarding the afterstep
> faq and noone reading it.  i guess i am guilty of that too.  even us
> "pros" need to keep up to date with it.

No, no, I didn't mean to suggest you were guilty of this; because you
didn't ask the question, so you don't need to know what's in the docs.  I
just meant that many people apparently don't check if theirs is FA before
they ask a Q.

> my main suggestions are
> these: first make sure that the latest version is bundedled with the
> latest AS release. This would mean submitting patches when you change
> the FAQ.

Yep.  Doing it now.

> Second, make sure that there is an option to view the faq
> off the start menu with the default installation.  I think this is
> already there, but not sure.

It's supposed to be, but it's broken.  David Mihm has fixed this, though.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue