Re: installation question

Tomas Duewiger (td@music-satellite.de)
14 Dec 1998 20:43:24 +0100

schaible_derek@i-n-s.com writes:

> OK, I'm at work where I installed RedHat with the same CD I used at home.
> (afterstep still works here, old version) I found the rpms and all files.
> I have the same install here that I have at home.  I found libXpm.a and
> libXpm.so in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 When I try to install the rpms for xdevel
> and xpmdevel it complains that the packages are already installed.  So I
> searched and I discovered that xpm.h is installed in
> /usr/X11R6/include/X11 Is this where it is supposed to be??  Don't know if
> I said it before but I installed EVERYTHING when I set these machines up.
> Can I simply copy xpm.h to /usr/X11R6/lib??  These files where here all
> along.

All the .h files don't belong to /usr/X11R6/lib/. IIRC on my RedHat 5.1
there were a few (or only 1 ;-)) missing symlink from /usr/include/X11
to /usr/X11R6/include/X11 configure looks in /usr/include/X11.
So simply make a symlink:
$ ln -s /usr/X11R6/include/X11 /usr/include/X11

Or at least look into /usr/include if there is a link called X11 to
/usr/X11R6/include/X11.

HTH
Tomas

--