Re: Ctrl-v Not Working Anymore in Pico

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:12:41 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, JD Jordan wrote:

> load
> feel.ICCM (I think thats the name) and it will unbind all the keys, and
> ctrl-v will work correctly.

Actually, it's feel.ICCCM.  For those who are curious (most of you, I'm
sure, know this, but for those who don't), ICCCM is a standard to which X
window managers are supposed to adhere.  AS is pretty close, except that
ICCCM specifies that any keypress should be available to any application.
Since most AS feels define some keybindings for the use of the window
manager, those feels are not truly ICCCM compliant.  (AFAIK, AS is still
not perfectly compliant in colormap handling, either.)

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue