Re: Re: installation question

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:51:49 +0100 (CET)

schaible_derek@i-n-s.com writes:
> I cannot find the xdevel rpm or libXpm on my redhat cds and every ftp
> site I've gone to did not have it either.  AARRRRRGGGG!!!!!  This is
> probably due to my ineptitude, however, I am sure that more RH users
> will have this problem.  So when I figure this one out, I will definitly
> let you know!  And if any one knows where I can get these rpms or tars
> plz let me know!  Or maybe I will try freeBSD.

I think the package is called something like XFree86-devel.
The RedHat's web site sucks, I could not find anything
down there despite the search engine. I propose you go to
Debian site to http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/x11/xlib6g-dev.html
and then choose at the very bottom [xfree86_3.3.2.3.orig.tar.gz]
link - that should give you the source of the X devel package.

Good luck,
Tigr

--
Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be http://bewoner.dma.be/Albert/