Re: Pager and Swallow in 1.6.0

Daniel Clausen (cld@europay.telekurs.com)
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:41:35 +0100

Hi,

td@music-satellite.de wrote:
> I noticed a strange behaviour of the wharf in 1.6.0. My pager with 1
> desk is swallowed into the wharf, after the update to 1.6.0 sometimes
> when AS starts, the pager is not swallowed and stays in an own window.
> I use a pager with scale of 40 but I also tried the same with
> MaxSwallowModule, same effect. All other apps are swallowed right,
> only the pager sometimes not. Got anyone else the same effect?

Yes, I have the same behaviour, with the slight difference that my
pager always stays in an own window. :) This didn't happen with
AS1.5b6.

My line in the wharf-config looks like this:
  *Wharf Pager - Swallow "Pager" /usr/users/tkcld/as1.6/bin/Pager 0 0

What I also noticed is that, AS somehow doesn't recognize the correct
screendepth. It says 24bit, although I'm pretty sure I only have 16bit.
Since I switch from 8bit->16bit and from AS1.5->AS1.6 at the same time,
I don't know what caused this behaviour. I will install 1.5b6 later
and try it out - if I find the time.. *darn real life projects :)*

cu,
 -sargon

--
"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your pilot. We just had a Black
 Screen of Death here in the cockpit. The good news is that we