Re: AS catching keystrokes not meant for it?

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:30:50 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Albert Schueller wrote:

> Using AS1.6.0 and earlier AS1.5b6, I'm not able to use the normal keystroke
> commands in netscape.  For instance ALT+Q to quit, ALT+F to bring up string
> search and most others.  Is there a way to fix this?  AS1.0 did not have
> this problem.

Aside from what Tomas said, you can also use ALT+SHIFT+[key] to get the
usual keys.  (I haven't tested this with other apps, but it should apply,
as long as ALT+SHIFT isn't bound separately.)  There is an item about this
in the current FAQ, by the way.

If you want to get rid of all the key-bound shortcuts in AS, use
feel.ICCCM.

A.

                                   *  *  *
                Go to http://lowrent.org/asfaq/, or issue