Re: Cvsup crashes afterstep-1.6.0

Kris Kennaway (kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:34:32 +1030 (CST)

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Michal Vitecek wrote:

> Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >Running 1.6.0 on freebsd 3.0-current, the cvsup utility will crash afterstep
> >upon exit with signal 11. I have no other system instability to account for
> >this, and it happens repeatably.
> >
> >Anyone else noticing this?
> >
> >Kris
>
>  i only noticed FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE and 3.0-SNAP-981123 to be *BOTH*
>  pretty much unstable. the problem here can be caused by simply crashing

You're saying the OS was unstable, or afterstep was unstable running on both
of those versions?

>  the X server, thus taking all the other application running on it down.

Isn't that what you'd expect? If you kill your X server, then how can your X
applications keep running? Or were you talking about killing other
console-launched applications?

How were you "crashing" the X server anyway? That shouldn't be that easy to
do, theoretically.

Kris