Re: Cvsup crashes afterstep-1.6.0

Kris Kennaway (kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au)
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:13:04 +1030 (CST)

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Rafal Wierzbicki wrote:

> I dont see how cvsup can affect a windowmanager, was cvsup updating any
> AfterStep-related files when it ran? Does it crash other windowmanagers as
> well? If you could check if this happens with twm or any other
> windowmanager....

Nope, worked fine under kde, afterstep-1.0, afterstep-1.4.5.3, windowmaker
0.20.1, 0.20.3 and crashes afterstep 1.6. The only thing which changed was
that I am now running as 1.6, and going back to another WM fixes it.

This is a new bug introduced sometime between as1.4.5.3 and as1.6.

The problem happens when I quit the cvsup window, no matter what it was doing
at the time (even if I don't launch any network operations).

Kris