Re: Cvsup crashes afterstep-1.6.0

Kris Kennaway (kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au)
Sat, 19 Dec 1998 13:15:51 +1030 (CST)

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Brett Taylor wrote:

> > > I dont see how cvsup can affect a windowmanager, was cvsup updating
> > > any AfterStep-related files when it ran? Does it crash other
> > > windowmanagers as well? If you could check if this happens with twm or
> > > any other windowmanager....
>
> CVSup was known to crash under fvwm or fvwm2 at one point.

Crash /under/ the wm, or crash /the wm/? I'm seeing the latter, which is
certainlya bug in as1.6.

> The easy way around this is to use the non-gui mode and it will work fine.
> I do this anyway as it's faster than drawing it under X all the time from
> remote machines.  I typically use:
>
> 	cvsup -g -L2 some_supfile

Yeah, I can do this, but I shouldn't have to :) I like that slow spammy GUI
:-)

Thanks for the feedback..still waiting to hear from an actual AS developer
with something to say about the problem.

Kris

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.