Re: Cvsup crashes afterstep-1.6.0

Kris Kennaway (kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au)
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:11:48 +1030 (CST)

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Brett Taylor wrote:

> > Crash /under/ the wm, or crash /the wm/? I'm seeing the latter, which
> > is certainlya bug in as1.6.
>
> Well, I couldn't remember which this was but here's a bit from the
> cvsup man page:
>
> The GUI interacts poorly with some window managers, notably FVWM.  There

Yeah, this is a separate problem which is cvsup's own fault: basically, the
window doesn't raise or lower properly - you need to fight a bit to get it to
do that. This problem persists in afterstep since it's fvwm-derived,
incidentally. It doesn't crash things, though.

Kris

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.