Re: 1.7.0 and 1.6.0 ?

Kris Kennaway (kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au)
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:47:41 +1030 (CST)

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, David Mihm wrote:

> ! How about feedback on the stable (supposedly) version? I've been trying to
> ! complain about my repeatable crashes under 1.6.0, but from the lack of
> ! feedback from the developers apparently no-one is listening. Or do you just
> ! all run linux and don't care about compatability with other brands of UNIX?
> !
> Kris,
> 	The mailing list is read by the developers, and I'm sure they will
> help.  Have you posted this repeatable bug to the list?  I don't recall
> seeing your post, or a post about a bug (other than the "config: line24"
> bug).  I'd say post it again - I'll look for it.

Yes. First posted on Dec 18, entitled "Cvsup crashes afterstep-1.6.0", with 8
followups (including my own) by fellow users with either nothing useful to
say, expressing doubt that "this problem could exist at all" (such doubt being
unfounded, of course), or offering workarounds which I already knew and which
don't solve the problem anyway.

In the meantime, several developers have been responding to contemperaneous
threads about other matters. It seems very much to me like I'm being ignored,
for whatever reason. Even if no-one has any idea about my problem, a simple
"hrm, that's weird. Unfortunately, we can't help because [BLAH]" is only
polite.

Kris

> +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | d a v i d  @  m i h m                         reality.sys corrupt! |
> | davemann-at-ionet-dot-net                    reboot universe(y,n)? |
> | [www|ftp].the-site.dsis.net                             ICQ:906859 |
> | [www|ftp].the-site.loonybin.net                                    |
> | webmaster-at-afterstep-dot-org      ftpmaster-at-afterstep-dot-org |
>   Key fingerprint  = E4 90 15 ED E5 9F 18 8A B0 CC FF 68 61 36 4A 6F

-----
(ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
of 1901.