Re: make install

Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 20:59:41 +0100 (CET)

Doug Alcorn writes:
> "J.D. Jordan" <jdj5e@virginia.edu> writes:
>
> > Ok, so I got afterstep 1.6.0 configured and compiled, but make install is
> > broken, things are trying to run ../autoconf/install-sh, and getting
> > command not found, I assume they should be using ../../autoconf/install-sh
> > since wharf, etc, are located in AfterStep-1.6.0/src/wharf/ and they want
> > to use AfterStep-1.6.0/autoconf/install-sh.  I guess I get to move
>
> This is a known bug.  I thought it was fixed.  The best way is to fix
> the configure.in in <top_source_dir>/autoconf.  However, I don't know
> what it should be changed to.  Sasha had a manual fix for this once on
> #afterstep, but I thought fuf was going to fix the distro.

I thought that all the relative paths were changed into absolute
path names. Here is what the substitution looks like in the
configure file:
	currdir=`pwd`
	INSTALL=`echo $INSTALL|sed "s@\^\.\.@$currdir@"`
So this should work and I am very surprised it did not for you.
I have an impression you are using one of the 1.5beta series
rather than the 1.6.0.

Albert

--
Albert Dorofeev albert@mail.dma.be http://bewoner.dma.be/Albert/