Re: make install

Doug Alcorn (alcornd@earthlink.net)
29 Dec 1998 13:32:45 -0500

Doug Alcorn <alcornd@earthlink.net> writes:

> "J.D. Jordan" <jdj5e@virginia.edu> writes:
>
> > Ok, so I got afterstep 1.6.0 configured and compiled, but make install is
> > broken, things are trying to run ../autoconf/install-sh, and getting
> > command not found, I assume they should be using ../../autoconf/install-sh
> > since wharf, etc, are located in AfterStep-1.6.0/src/wharf/ and they want
> > to use AfterStep-1.6.0/autoconf/install-sh.  I guess I get to move
>
> This is a known bug.  I thought it was fixed.  The best way is to fix
> the configure.in in <top_source_dir>/autoconf.  However, I don't know
> what it should be changed to.  Sasha had a manual fix for this once on
> #afterstep, but I thought fuf was going to fix the distro.

Patch 05 for the 1.6.0 stable AS tree fixes this problem once and for
all (I hope).  A new snapshot of the stable code (1.6.6) is
forthcoming, so if you get that it should all work fine. :)  WavePoet
says the best thing to do is wait for his new snapshot and get the
entire fixed tarball at once.

--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo )  alcornd@earthlink.net