Re: WinList.. bug?

Tomas Duewiger (td@music-satellite.de)
27 Dec 1998 09:13:54 +0100

Andrew Sullivan <asullivan@sprint.ca> writes:

> On Sat, 26 Dec 1998, Mike wrote:
>
> > I have my WinListGeometry set to -0-335, k? And When I start AfterStep,
> >it loads fine and all is good... EXCEPT with all my dock apps loading, 7
> >
> > entries are automatically added, then removed from WinList, which
> >somehow causes WinList to disposition itself on the screen... either down
> >a few pixels or... well just off-positioned.
>
> It does indeed sound like a bug.  But you can get around it for the time
> being by starting Wharf first (in the autoexec file), waiting until it's
> done, and then proceeding.

Unfortunately this will only work for some minutes/hours until some other
apps are started or killed. The winlist will then disposition itself again
when vertical, IIRC. So whenever a position in the winlist is added or
removed it got problems with the position, at least that was the case in
beta5, it jumped around on my screen ;-)

Tomas

--
Tomas Duewiger
td@music-satellite.de