Re: ViewportX with ViewportY doesn't work

Sasha Vasko (sashav@sprintmail.com)
Fri, 01 Jan 1999 22:29:49 -0600

Thadeu Penna wrote:

> On 31 Dec, Gerhard Siegesmund wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > I just installed AfterStep 1.6.6 and tried the new (at least for me new,
> > before the update I used AS 1.5.don't know) flags ViewportX and
> > ViewportY. I wanted to start xfmail in place 4
> > (see following picture:
> >  1 2 3
> >  4 5 6
> > numbered screens on the pager!). So I inserted the following style-line in
> > the database-File
> >
> > Style "xFMail" ViewportX 0, ViewportY 1
> >

> You should try
> Style "xFMail" ViewportX 0, ViewportY  Height_in_Pixels
> where Height_in_Pixels is the y-resolution of your current mode.
> The unit used in Viewport is pixels rather than ports.

This is the correct answer. I'd like to add only that you can
use
any position specification in pixels - even between pages, as
far
as page is rather virtual thing and it is basically just
screen_widthXscreen_height portion of your current desk that is
visible at the moment. Use left mouse button on Pager to view
any area
of the desk.

> P.S.: Hey, I just tried change the modes and it is still working,
> funny!!! It works for me here.
I sure hope so ;)
> --
> Thadeu Penna                 Linux user #50500    -o)

Sasha