Re: rxvt and font specifications

Chuck Mead (chuck@moongroup.com)
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 11:35:47 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Steve Ki-Won Lee wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone got rxvt to correctly load the fonts you specify either via a
> commandline, in .xinitrc or in the wharf file?  Even using commandline to
> bring it up with:
> %>rxvt -fn halvetica
> will complain with:
> rxvt: can't load font "courier" or rxvt: can't load font "halvetica".
> Curiously enough, the the fonts in the title changes, but I don't know if
> that reflects the fonts or not.
>
> If someone has successfully configured rxvt to use your instructed fonts,
> I'd appreciate it if you could share with me as to how you  did it.

I don't use AS anymore but if you go to my site at
http://www.moongroup.com/unix/xfce2.html there is a link there to my
.xinitrc which shows exactly how to do it.

Cheers!
--
Chuck Mead, CEO - Moongroup Consulting, Inc. <chuck@moongroup.com>
http://www.moongroup.com/

The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate
knowledge of its ugly side.
                -- James Baldwin