fonts

Dave Taira (bodhi@foad.org)
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 23:24:37 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 01:58:20 -0600 (CST)
> From: "Dagmar d'Surreal" <dagmar@estates.ml.org>
> Subject: Re: rxvt and fonts
>
> On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Dave Taira wrote:
>
> > ObOffTopic: I noticed tonight (prompted by thinking about fonts) that AS doesn't
> > seem to support pcf fonts. I also discovered that Netscape doesn't seem to
> > recognize them, either. Anyone happen to know of a tool to convert pcf to
> > bdf?
>
> Umm... AS (afaik) makes it's requests through the usual X methods for
> getting fonts, so if your X is no longer working properly with pcf fonts,
> it sounds like you broke something.  Most people will tell you that pcf is
> X's native font format...

Oop. It appears i misspoke. `xterm -font shine` (a pcf font) works, as
does `rxvt -font shine` and `Eterm --font shine`. It also works as my
window_font in my look file. And I now can't remember what I was trying
to do with AS that didn't work.

But Netscape still doesn't recognize it in the preferences, while it does
see the bdf fonts. Feh. Oh well. Looks like this belongs on another list.

Dave Taira     | Broken pipes, broken tools, people bending broken rules /   |
Hired Gun      | Hound dog howlin', bullfrog croakin' / Everything is broken |
bodhi@foad.org | --Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken"                         |