Re: BUG in 1.5beta6

The Spirit of the Black Panther (panther@dsis.net)
Wed, 09 Dec 1998 20:16:53 +0000

--------------55A6AB9902B40632B76C832A

Mike wrote:

> Hi there, I have found this, which may or may not be a bug.. it may be
> isolated to only this program as I have not really had much of a chance
> to test it out on anything else, but if anyone else has had this problem
> be sure to try it out.
>
> Problem: loading of .workspace_state on startup incorrectly sizes
> windows.
>
> What happens is this: say I have a window with the left-top corner at
> 5,15.. and the window is 100x200 pixels in size.. when the program is
> restarted using .workspace_state it is not correctly sized to 100x200
> pixels in size, but rather the bottom-right corner is placed at 100,200
> of the screen.
>
> Please let me know if this is just me or if this is really a bug.

What I can see as a problem is the Geometry setting.  I myself do not use
.warkspace_state   I changed Autoexec to load .afterstep_slart instead,
which leaves me in the exact same state every time I start.  You may wish
do something similar.  set AfterStep up as you narmally did, with the
offending program loaded. Exit, and then copy 'warkspace_state
to another file, and have autoexec load that instead. you can then look
at the file autoexec loads, and make changes te find out exactly what
is happening, and maybe fix it :)  Hope this helps.

    Shadow

--------------55A6AB9902B40632B76C832A

Mike wrote:
be a bug.. it may be