Re: help: configure.h:24: - parse error

Doug Alcorn (alcornd@earthlink.net)
11 Dec 1998 11:49:14 -0500

"Igor Sarychkin" <igor@cccp.demon.co.uk> writes:

> #if  == 1
> #define HAVE_XPM_WRITE
> #else
> #undef HAVE_XPM_WRITE
> #endif

I don't know why this failed for you, but line 24 should read:

#if <x> == 1

where <x> is either 1 or 0 depending on if you have the header files
for libXpm or not.  On my box, these headers are
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xpm.h and the libraries are
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.a and /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.  I am running
RedHat 5.2, and the necessary rpms are xpm-3.4j-3 and
xpm-devel-3.4j-3.  Note that the devel rpm is needed to get the
headers.

As I said, I am surprised that ./configure missed this.  Try and
review the ./configure output and see if it says anything about not
finding the xpm stuff.

--
 (__)  Doug Alcorn
 oo )  alcornd@earthlink.net