Re: installation question

Christopher Wright (wretch@mindspring.com)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:22:12 -0500

Nathan Widmyer wrote:

> I recommend taking the afterstep binary that is just made where you
> compiled it and put it in /usr/X11R6/bin and change your ~/.xinitrc to
> execute the /usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep binary then you should be okay.
> Other people may have other ideas.

Therein lies my problem, my good man! I did a find / -iname afterstep and all
it returned were three directory names. Apparently no afterstep binary has
been compiled!
There are two installation methods: 1) the convenient but apparently
semi-incomplete script and 2) the manual way that is covered in the README. I
figured the script was just an automated version of the manual way so I
haven't tried it, but I think I may just do that.

Thanks for your response though!

-chris wright