Subject: Re: installation question
Author: <afterstep@linuxcenter.com>
Date: 12/13/98 11:56 AM

Sure, what you might want to do is use 'find / -name "afterstep"
-print', it may
look longer but I've had success with that and that may return filenames
and the
way you did it may not.  Usually, if you do a make mrproper or make
clean or
something like that, it will clean out all the files so all your left
with is
the source and the binary, but it may erase the binary too so you might
want to
try the other find command and make sure it returns directories and not
the file
you need looking like a directory.

Christopher Wright wrote:

> Nathan Widmyer wrote:
>
> > I recommend taking the afterstep binary that is just made where you
> > compiled it and put it in /usr/X11R6/bin and change your ~/.xinitrc
> > execute the /usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep binary then you should be okay.
> > Other people may have other ideas.
>
> Therein lies my problem, my good man! I did a find / -iname afterstep
and all
> it returned were three directory names. Apparently no afterstep binary
has
> been compiled!
> There are two installation methods: 1) the convenient but apparently
> semi-incomplete script and 2) the manual way that is covered in the
README. I

TARGET="NONE">http://www.afterstep.org/</a>
>    FTP:   <a href="ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/"
TARGET="NONE">ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/</a>
>    MAIL:  <a
href="http://www.caldera.com/linuxcenter/forums/afterstep.html"
TARGET="NONE">http://www.caldera.com/linuxcenter/forums/afterstep.html</
a>

--
   WWW:   <a href="http://www.afterstep.org/"
TARGET="NONE">http://www.afterstep.org/</a>
   FTP:   <a href="ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/"
TARGET="NONE">ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/</a>
   MAIL:  <a
href="http://www.caldera.com/linuxcenter/forums/afterstep.html"
TARGET="NONE">http://www.caldera.com/linuxcenter/forums/afterstep.html</
a>