Re: Re: installation question

Tomas Duewiger (td@music-satellite.de)
13 Dec 1998 19:09:12 +0100

schaible_derek@i-n-s.com writes:

> [1 <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>] I was so happy to see this thread.  I
> just downloaded the new AS, followed the directions, I RTFM'd all I could
> and have the exact same problem.  I do have more info to provide:
>
> 1. I run redhat 5.1 (yes, I read the README.RedHat) 2. When I run
> ./configure everything looks good. no errors.  3. make cant find X11.
> None of the x modules (???  Im not a programmer) are found.  Therefore, no
> compile.
>
> I am thinking its RedHat directory structure problem.  Any thoughts?  Is
> the other guy running RH?

You maybe need to install the XFree86-devel rpm. Try a
'rpm -q XFree86-devel' if it returns a 'package XFree-devel is not
installed' the header files for compiling any XFree app are missing. If it
returns the package name something else is wrong and you should give the
guys on the list some errors to read.

Tomas

--
Tomas Duewiger