Re: installation question

Nathan Widmyer (contramac@mindspring.com)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 16:22:55 -0500

Thomas, what you told him command-line wise was incorrect.  It won't return
anything anyway because package names include version numbers, not just
XFree86-devel.  Instead what you want to do is type 'rpm -qa | grep devel' and
that will take all the package names and list only the ones on the screen that
have 'devel' in it.  schaible, look for the line that has XFree 86 and devel in
it, if there is one, then configure script is not picking up the X11 includes,
if there isn't one, install the rpm.  I'm running Red Hat 5.2.  Remember, grep
is your friend.