Re: installation question

Nathan Widmyer (contramac@mindspring.com)
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 17:58:07 -0500

I know what you were saying but rpm is better than tar.gz because it installs it
all correctly, more than tar.gz because it's all compiled and if you need another
package to install it, it will tell you unlike tar.gz where the configure script
must say if you need it.  Chances are that Debian and others copied Red Hat's
Package Manager because Red Hat is more or less the pioneer in Linux for the main
base of consumers.