Re: noo !! AHHhhhh !!!! ahh no ahhh !!!

Thadeu Penna (tjpp@bu.edu)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 02:16:50 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

On  1 Jan, Doug wrote:
> hello
> I bought Slackware Unleashed book with Slackware96 (3.1) as one cd at the
> back for $45. When i try to compile AfterStep it will give me errors about
> not being able to fing blahblah.h in /usr/include/ and asm blah blah. I
> am sending away a money order for Slackware 3.6 tomarrow to cheapbytes.com.
> Will this fix my problem because I was thinking that slackware96 is way too
> old, How long do you think the cd will take to get in my mail box? thanks
> Doug

What a nice reason to read the book you bought! The most usual mistake
in cases like yours is forgetting to install the development packages.
Since you have stablished a connection to the Internet, you should
download only the packages needed for AfterStep.

--
Thadeu Penna                 Linux user #50500    -o)
Center for Polymer Studies - Boston University    /\\