Re: Afterstep under win32

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:35:14 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Joe Polchlopek wrote:

> Where's the best place to get info on running Afterstep under win32?
> I've done everything described on <http://www.alfheim.net/aswin32/>.

So far as I know, that's the _only_ place to get the information.

I know nothing at all about using X under windows.  I'm not sure I see the
point, as win has its own graphical shell.  But if you want to get X to
work under win, you can go two routes: get commercial support, or follow
the instructions you refer to.

Once you've done that, I don't know how well you'll find AS works in that
environment.  I haven't had much luck in finding out where the real
problems are, and there is not agreement as to how well the develkopers
are willing to support X on windows.

A.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help/, or issue