Re: ascp back in active devel

Andrew Sullivan (asullivan@sprint.ca)
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 22:02:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Nwanua Elumeze wrote:

> The reason I'm using the devel libs is because of the GtkCtree widget
> (for the most part). It makes for a much leaner and less buggy ascp
> (as conpared to the horrors of the GtkTree widget). If you (or anyone
> you know) feel like coding the WharfTree using the stable libs, please
> do; otherwise, I'll just add a static binary.

In spite of my usual conservatism about these sorts of things (look, how
many of you still actually have a regularly-used 386?), I have to agree
with this argument, _so long as_ the statically-linked version is always
available.  Otherwise, we (e.g I) get bombarded with questions about why
ascp doesn't work.

                                   *  *  *
              Go to http://www.afterstep.org/help/, or issue