Re: X-Files not in window

mdkirby (mdkirby@blazenet.net)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 23:08:15 -0500

Kevin Slaven wrote:

> I use the program X-Files as my filemanager. It has always worked in
> previous versions of afterstep. I just upgraded from version 1.4.5 to
> 1.6.0. Now X-Files doesn't appear inside a window. The window appears, but
> it is black. X-Files appears without a window surrounding it, beneath the
> window. Any action I take on the window affects X-Files. ie. shade, close, etc.
> Any ideas? Anybody experience anything simular?
>   Kevin.
>
> --
>    WWW:   http://www.afterstep.org/
>    FTP:   ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/

I had a similar problem with X-Files v2.00.  I had a link for X-Files in
/usr/local/bin with the X-Files binary in /usr/bin/X11(don't ask me why, I don't
know why either!) What happened in my situation is that I have both tcl/tk 8.x and
7.6(or 7.4). Version 8 sits in /usr/bin, and 7 in /usr/local/bin.  It seems that
X-Files was using the older version instead of the newer one.  As soon as I
relinked it to /usr/bin, it cleared up.  You might get some real help at:

http://www.hut.fi/~mkivinie/X-Files/index.html

BTW: anyone have (or know where to find) Tkstep for 7.6/7.4.  I need it for
tkdesk.

Mark